There are so many ways you can support and fundraise for Parkinson’s NSW. Refer to the Fundraising Ideas page. When you’ve decided on your activity, head to the Pitch In for Parkinson’s homepage, select how you want to fundraise and follow the prompts.
The easiest way is to create your very own online fundraising page that you can share with your friends and family. Anyone who donates to your page will automatically receive a tax receipt via email, so you don’t have to worry about collecting money, banking it and keeping financial records. Start your online page here: https://pitchin.gofundraise.com.au/
We will assist where possible but cannot always guarantee we will be able to promote your activity. We have created downloaded resources for you to use to help promote your event. These can be found on the fundraising resources page.
The Parkinson’s NSW insurance policy does not cover events conducted by outside organisations, groups or individuals. You may be required to obtain your own public liability insurance for your fundraising activity or event. You will also need to check whether you need to obtain any other permits or licences depending on how you are planning to fundraise.
All donations $2 or more are tax deductible, however receipts are only given when there is not an exchange for goods or services. For example, if money is collected for raffles and auctions, a receipt is not provided.
All cash donations must be receipted and can only be receipted by Parkinson’s NSW. The community fundraiser cannot issue receipts. Please complete the donation receipt form in your fundraising kit (issued after approval of your fundraising) and submit this with all other paperwork and donation. We are then able to issue receipts.
If you are doing all your fundraising online receipts are automatically generated and emailed to your supporters nominated email address.
Please go to our merchandise page http://www.parkinsonsnsw.org.au/support-us/merchandise-catalogue/ to browse and select what is best for your event.
The policy at Parkinson’s NSW is to bank money raised within 14 days of the completion your fundraising activity or event. Banking details including your reference number are in your authority to fundraiser letter.
Request some prepaid donation envelopes that they can fill out and simply pop in the post. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 644 189.
Less than 10 percent of Parkinson’s NSW funding comes from government grants. The services and support Parkinson’s NSW provides for people living with Parkinson’s depend almost entirely on the generosity of thoughtful people like you.
You will be helping to support:
- More than 6,000 people per year who are supported by the experienced Registered Nurses who staff the Parkinson’s NSW InfoLine
- Specialised counselling services for people living with Parkinson’s and carers
- Over 70 Support Groups across NSW who provide peer support, disseminate useful information, and create social opportunities for people living with Parkinson’s.
- Education seminars that are offered for people living with Parkinson’s and carers, primary and allied health practitioners and aged care support staff.
- Highly-trained Parkinson’s Specialist Nurses placed in regional communities
- Annual research grants awarded for projects seeking new and improved treatments for people living with Parkinson’s, and eventually a cure.
If you need further assistance, please get in touch with Parkinson’s NSW fundraising manager on 1800 644 189 or email@example.com